Winter and the cold weather that accompanies it don’t have to mean dull, dry skin. You can maintain a healthy winter glow with an easy, basic skincare routine. The key, of course, is to stay hydrated and moisturized throughout those chilly months.
Hydrating Skincare Products For Your Morning Routine
As soon as you awake in the morning you should drink a glass of water to help your body regain hydration it may have lost overnight. When you’re ready to begin your skincare routine, use the following steps:
- Gently cleanse your skin. You can use water only or a cleanser that includes ingredients such as glycerin or propylene glycol.
- Apply a toner, serums, or any active treatments you may need. You may want to use azelaic acid cream to brighten your skin and reduce the signs of rosacea, acne, and hyperpigmentation.
- Finish with a moisturizer that includes sunscreen for the best protection. Remember, the winter sun can still damage your skin, especially if it is reflecting off of snow.
That’s it. With three easy steps and foundation skincare products, you can keep a healthy glow all winter long. If it is especially dry where you live, you can add a humidifier to your list. Running it at night while you’re sleeping helps to keep the moisture in your skin.
Overnight Hair Repair Products
Don’t forget your hair. Winter weather is tough on hair, too, and everyone’s hair could use a little more attention this time of year. Wondering what treatments you might use for your tresses? Consider trying some of these:
- Supplements for hair loss
- Formulas that boost hair growth
- Leave-in conditioners for softer, more manageable hair
- Hair masks for dry, damaged hair
Take a close look at how your hair behaves in the winter. Then choose the treatment that will best target the problem. It’s a good idea to read reviews, too, such as Nutrafol reviews. They can let you know how the product has worked for other users, giving you more information with which to make a comparison.
Treat Your Whole Body
Now that you’ve got your skin and hair heading toward that winter glow, it’s time to think about the rest of you. The truth is, you can’t have beautiful skin without general good health. In colder weather, it’s easy to hunker down and ignore healthy behaviors. Instead, set some goals in the following areas:
- Plan on plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy protein for your winter diet.
- Don’t let the weather slow you down. Bundle up and head outside for a walk or go to a gym.
- Get seven or eight hours a night for optimal performance.
Each of these will improve your overall well-being and boost that healthy winter glow you are looking for.
Talk to your doctor, naturopath, or aesthetician for more suggestions for winter skincare. You can also attend classes and read books about the topic to learn more information. When it derives to taking care of your skin, knowledge is a wonderful thing.